Years of Expertise Required: 0-1
Drive: Offcampus (Took Referral)
Preparation Subjects: Downside-solving, Information constructions, and Algorithms, CS Fundamentals, Initiatives, internship
Supply of Preparation: Neetcode.io, GeeksforGeeks, take ahead, Pepcoding, Adithya Verma, Karthik Arora, code, Fraz, Leetcode, interview bit
Hiring Course of
Spherical 1: On-line Coding Check (90 minutes): On this spherical, I’m given with 3 coding questions totally on problem-solving utilizing DS Algo. The length given is of 90 minutes. This spherical occurred within the CoCubes platform. Coming to the issue of the issues, the primary two questions are of “leetcode medium” problem, however the third downside is of “leetcode arduous” problem (Simpler ones of “leetcode arduous”). I managed to resolve 2 questions fully and within the third query, some check circumstances ended up with the time restrict exceeded.
The subjects are on:
- Dynamic programming
I certified for two nd spherical.
Spherical 2: On-line Coding Check (3 hours): On this spherical, am given 1 coding query. The length given is of three hours. For this spherical, the candidate wants to hitch in a single assembly by way of our cell the place one individual from the Samsung inner hiring committee will view for the whole length of the examination. We should always not carry books with us, quite we should always take one or two A4 sheets to do tough work in case wanted. Earlier than beginning the examination itself, the one that joined within the assembly requested to point out me my complete room and my desk. After he confirmed that nobody is current within the room then we proceeded additional. This coding check is called as “Samsung Superior check”. The subject on which the issue was given is “Binary search”. The problem will be categorized as “leetcode arduous” (simpler ones of leetcode arduous).
I certified for third spherical.
Spherical 3: On-line Coding Check (4 hours): On this spherical, am given 1 coding query. The length given is of 4 hours. For this spherical as nicely the setup is similar because the earlier spherical, the place I would like to hitch in a gathering through cell. This coding check is called as “Samsung Skilled coding check”. The subject on which the issue was given is “Recursion and Backtracking”. The problem will be categorized as “Leetcode Arduous”(more durable ones of leetcode arduous)
I certified for 4th spherical.
Spherical 4: On-line Technical interview (50 minutes – 55 minutes):
- The interview began with an introduction from the interviewer adopted by mine, later he requested about my initiatives (Not too deep, simply the main points about it, what algos had been used, and my position within the venture).
- Then he shifted to the primary half i.e DS algo half, the place he requested about one Algorithmic downside, for which I got here up with one strategy inside 2 minutes (Because it’s not too arduous). Then I defined that strategy to him, to which he agreed however he requested to additional optimize. After about 3 minutes I gave him the ultimate optimized strategy for which he was happy to the fullest and requested me to code it (We’re given the liberty to decide on whichever language we like). I coded it in C++.
- After that, he requested the 2nd query. This query is predicated on the trie. The query is of “leetcode medium” problem. After about 4 minutes, I advised them my strategy to him for which he’s fairly happy. However he didn’t ask me to code because it’s going to be prolonged. Moderately he requested one follow-up query, which will be categorized as “leetcode arduous”. After struggling for about 3 minutes, I got here up with one other strategy to which he agreed. Really, he’s fairly impressed with my DSA abilities and stated “I’m happy together with your DSA abilities, excellent”.
- Then he moved on to CS fundamentals, the place he requested questions from Working methods, DBMS, CN, and OOPS. For I answered a lot of the questions besides some from CN. I replied, “I don’t have a lot concept about it, I’ll examine it later”. Then he stated, “no points, it’s completely positive”.
- Then he requested whether or not I do know something about system design, to which clearly I stated I don’t have any concept about that.
- Lastly, the interviewer stated he’s completed from his facet and requested whether or not I had any queries concerning something. I requested a few questions concerning the work tradition, the form of work we get, and all. Lastly, the interview ended on a constructive notice.
Spherical 5: HR/Managerial Spherical (half-hour): The interview began with an introduction.
- Then she requested some frequent HR questions like “why do you need to be a part of Samsung”,
- and “inform me one such state of affairs the place you are feeling such as you’ve struggled rather a lot and achieved it”.
- Then she requested about my internship expertise and about my initiatives.
- Then she requested about my availability (Discover interval), and the way quickly can I be a part of.
- Then she requested about my present compensation and anticipated compensation and famous it down.
- After a few of my questions, she stated that they’ll get again to me after some days.
After round every week, I obtained a congratulatory mail from SRIB.
Message to Aspiring College students:
- Not just for Samsung however speaking normally concerning the hiring course of in prime product-based corporations, One must have a very good grip on Information constructions and algorithms and good problem-solving abilities to go by way of the preliminary coding rounds, because the questions are going to be of that degree.
- Collaborating in stay coding contests which might be recurrently held on leetcode will put together you to get adjusted to the stay timer that can be operating throughout the examination.
- There are such a lot of DSA sheets which might be out there on-line. However among the advisable ones are Striver’s SDE sheet and Neetcode.io. Concurrently take part within the leetcode contests and upsolve these questions which you couldn’t resolve throughout the contest.
- Aside from DSA, undergo the CS fundamentals like OS, DBMS, CN, and OOPS. And undergo your earlier initiatives and internships.
- Throughout your preparation journey, at instances you’ll really feel demotivated once you face rejections. Generally, regardless of fixing all coding questions, nonetheless, you’ll be rejected, regardless of having a very good resume, you continue to, won’t get shortlisted, and regardless of your internship efficiency, nonetheless you’ll not get PPO.
- However the factor is we should always by no means surrender, we have to strive numerous different corporations. Possibly we would fail for 1st, 2nd, third, ….., nth time. However absolutely you’ll get an (n + 1) probability the place you’re gonna positively smash it. However the factor is whether or not you’ve waited and saved on attempting for that one (n + 1) the prospect or not will gonna determine.
- If life turns into more durable, present it how powerful you to are. For Tier-3 college students, the possibilities are very restricted, so your preparation needs to be as much as such a degree that as an alternative of attempting for six boundaries, be ready to smash the ball out of the stadium.
“Keep in mind everybody will hit a peak level of simply giving up and quitting the whole lot, nevertheless it’s what you do at that time limit that can gonna outline and differ you from the remainder of the gang.”