GARTNER is a registered trademark and repair mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its associates within the U.S. and internationally and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
Chief Info Officers and different know-how choice makers constantly search new and higher methods to judge and handle their investments in innovation – particularly the applied sciences that will create consequential selections that influence human rights. As Synthetic Intelligence (AI) turns into extra distinguished in vendor choices, there may be an growing must establish, handle, and mitigate the distinctive dangers that AI-based applied sciences could deliver.
Cisco is dedicated to sustaining a accountable, honest, and reflective method to the governance, implementation, and use of AI applied sciences in our options. The Cisco Accountable AI initiative maximizes the potential advantages of AI whereas mitigating bias or inappropriate use of those applied sciences.
Gartner® Analysis not too long ago printed “Innovation Perception for Bias Detection/Mitigation, Explainable AI and Interpretable AI,” providing steerage on the very best methods to include AI-based options that facilitates “understanding, belief and efficiency accountability required by stakeholders.” This text describes Cisco’s method to Accountable AI governance and options this Gartner report.
At Cisco, we’re dedicated to managing AI growth in a means that augments our give attention to safety, privateness, and human rights. The Cisco Accountable AI initiative and framework governs the applying of accountable AI controls in our product growth lifecycle, how we handle incidents that come up, have interaction externally, and its use throughout Cisco’s options, providers, and enterprise operations.
Our Accountable AI framework contains:
- Steering and Oversight by a committee of senior executives throughout Cisco companies, engineering, and operations to drive adoption and information leaders and builders on points, applied sciences, processes, and practices associated to AI
- Light-weight Controls carried out inside Cisco’s Safe Improvement Lifecycle compliance framework, together with distinctive AI necessities
- Incident Administration that extends Cisco’s current Incident Response system with a small crew that critiques, responds, and works with engineering to resolve AI-related incidents
- Business Management to proactively have interaction, monitor, and affect trade associations and associated our bodies for rising Accountable AI requirements
- Exterior Engagement with governments to grasp world views on AI’s advantages and dangers, and monitor, analyze, and affect laws, rising coverage, and laws affecting AI in all Cisco markets.
We base our Accountable AI initiative on ideas per Cisco’s working practices and straight relevant to the governance of AI innovation. These ideas—Transparency, Equity, Accountability, Privateness, Safety, and Reliability—are used to upskill our growth groups to map to controls within the Cisco Safe Improvement Lifecycle and embed Safety by Design, Privateness by Design, and Human Rights by Design in our options. And our principle-based method empowers prospects to participate in a steady suggestions cycle that informs our growth course of.
We attempt to satisfy the best requirements of those ideas when creating, deploying, and working AI-based options to respect human rights, encourage innovation, and serve Cisco’s objective to energy an inclusive future for all.
Take a look at Gartner suggestions for integrating AI into a corporation’s knowledge techniques in this E-newsletter and study extra about Cisco’s method to Accountable Innovation by studying our introduction “Transparency Is Key: Introducing Cisco Accountable AI.”
We’d love to listen to what you assume. Ask a Query, Remark Beneath, and Keep Linked with Cisco Safe on social!
Cisco Safe Social Channels