Discover winner of the sport when any set bit is eliminated in every transfer
Two gamers, Participant 1 and Participant 2, are given an integer N to play a recreation. The principles of the sport are as follows :
- In a single flip, a participant can take away any set little bit of N in its binary illustration to make a brand new N.
- Participant 1 at all times takes the primary flip.
- If a participant can’t make a transfer, he loses.
Enter: N = 8
Clarification: N = 8
N = 1000 (binary)
Participant 1 takes the bit.
The remaining bits are all zero.
Participant 2 can’t make a transfer,
so Participant 1 wins.
Enter: N = 3
Method: The given drawback may be solved by following the beneath thought:
Calculate the variety of set bits in N. If the variety of set bits is odd then participant 1 will at all times win [because he will take the following turns – 1st, 3rd, 5th, . . . and any odd turn]. In any other case, participant 2 will win the sport.
Comply with the steps talked about beneath to implement the:
- Calculate the variety of set bits in N.
- If the variety of the set bits is odd then participant 1 wins.
- Else, participant 2 wins.
Under is the implementation of the above strategy.
Time Complexity: O(log N)
Auxiliary Area: O(1)