• Emphasizes AeroVironment’s dedication to transparency of its environmental, social and governance practices
• Report establishes baseline metrics that the corporate can construct upon
AeroVironment, Inc. (NASDAQ: AVAV), a worldwide chief in clever, multi-domain robotic methods, introduced at the moment the publication of its inaugural Company Social Accountability report, detailing the corporate’s environmental, social and governance achievements to this point and its dedication to creating sustainable merchandise, cultivating a various and inclusive workforce, and pursuing steady enchancment in environmental efficiency for the long run. The corporate plans to launch an up to date report on progress yearly.
“AeroVironment is constructed on a legacy of greater than 50 years of environmental stewardship and our continued dedication to sustainability is embedded in our firm’s mission of creating modern, future-forward applied sciences that save power, sources and lives,” mentioned Wahid Nawabi, AeroVironment chairman, president and chief govt officer. “With our inaugural sustainability report, we’re capable of translate these inherent beliefs into tangible knowledge that we will consider and enhance upon.
“Setting these expectations and speaking them publicly to our staff, clients, companions, suppliers, communities and shareholders additional strengthens our dedication to doing extra with much less and guaranteeing that our environmental footprint is as mild as attainable whereas hopefully inspiring different organizations to observe swimsuit.”
Highlights from the report embrace:
- The creation of a cross-functional inner crew tasked with advancing AeroVironment’s environmental, social and governance (ESG) objectives, practices and initiatives
- The formation of a Variety and Inclusion Committee to guide the constitution of constructing an inclusive tradition that encourages, helps and celebrates the various voices of the workforce
- Achievement of Worldwide Group for Standardization (ISO) 14001 certification at eight amenities with 66 p.c of AeroVironment’s amenities demonstrating that the corporate adheres to the very best requirements for figuring out, monitoring and controlling environmental impacts
- Initiation of a sturdy e-waste recycling program for out of date know-how, ensuring that salvageable supplies are reused and dangerous supplies are disposed of correctly, donating the income acquired from the recycler to a neighborhood schooling basis
- Dedication to partnering with small, deprived, woman-owned, and veteran and disabled veteran-owned companies to the fullest extent attainable in Federal Authorities contracts via Small Enterprise Participation Plan, offering small companies with equitable alternative to take part and compete in procurements of services and products
- Achievement of Nice Place to Work® certification for the fourth consecutive yr primarily based on exceptionally excessive worker survey rankings and steady enhancements made companywide
To view AeroVironment’s inaugural 2022 Company Social Accountability report, go to www.avinc.com.
ABOUT AEROVIRONMENT, INC.
AeroVironment (NASDAQ: AVAV) offers know-how options on the intersection of robotics, sensors, software program analytics and connectivity that ship extra actionable intelligence so you may Proceed with Certainty. Headquartered in Virginia, AeroVironment is a worldwide chief in clever, multi-domain robotic methods and serves protection, authorities and industrial clients. For extra info, go to www.avinc.com.